miércoles, 24 de junio de 2015

If you were not limited by the demands of the national/regional curriculum, what would you say is the most important thing you would teach your students about your subject (in a CLIL context)? How would you assess their learning?

If I were not limited by the demands of the curriculum, I believe we could teach things that are really important for pupils, and teach them about things they find motivating and all of that they need to comprehend the world around them. We have to start to teach them several tools they will need to develop their own autonomy for real life because at this age the pupils are developing in diverse aspects of human life, mentally and physically. If we want to get results successfully, we have start teaching interesting things to get the predisposition of our students.

To the kids what they love most is to play so I would use different tactics to do the learning a bit more funny. If we teach them knowledge which links to their life so they can feel comfortable and interested in learning a new language.

We have to give them a lot of tools, so they start to increase their knowledge in the new language. And if they should use more spaces and new tools to develop a great and funny learning. This learning lets them to be more autonomous in another language; they will improve their English level.

Another aspect to contemplate is the assessment of their learning. I believe this theme is a little bit difficult, because this assessment is individual and different in each pupil. I must evaluate the progress, we have to pay attention in their development in more than one aspect, and evaluate how they resolve their difficulties, how they get the results, etc. I think that to teach a new language in which they do not have constant interaction is a great challenge for them.

For this motive, we have to do more formative assessment in which we collect information about the learning process, considering the interests and needs of our pupils in learning a new language and work from this.

To make that they contribute in their assessment, we can use their development in this language, their participation, activities, methodology, the resources…etc. We can show their successes and errors and I am really secure that they will learn from them.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario